Version Management with Subversion
A solution for version source code management (SCM) is indispensable for sustainable software development. Subversion (SVN) is an open source version management tool that has been developed with the explicit goal of improving the current de facto standard in the open source CVS (Concurrent Versions System) and thus replacing it in the medium term. In the course of the training, the participant will receive systematic information about the philosophy of software development in the team as well as the development cycle with this modern version management tool. The knowledge acquired will be expanded with numerous practical exercises.
- Secure the success of your software projects through the use of the SCM system subversion
- The training teaches the necessary basic skills using many exercises and examples
Developers and administrators who want to take advantage of robust version management.
- Subversion creation and improvements over CVS
- Basic terms: repository, revision, copy-modify-merge model
- Meaning of release management
Administration of SVN
- Structure and layout of a repository
- Access and rights configuration using Svnserve
- Runtime configuration area on the client side
- Hook scripts and administration tools
Application of SVN
- Putting projects and files under Subversion control
- Examining and reverting your own changes
- Applying changes from other developers and resolving conflicts
- Removing, copying and renaming files in Subversion
- Working with binary files
- Properties and their application such as keywords
- Creating versions (Tags)
- Creating development branches for new features and patches
- Remerging branches
- Working with common graphical clients such as TortoiseSVN
Basic computer skills. Experience with other version management tools such as CVS is an advantage but not a requirement.
Our Quality Promise
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.