This 2-day Scrum, Kanban and eXtreme Programming (XP) training requires some basics in the three areas and demonstrates the use of these methods within the larger framework using the Scaled Agile Framework® SAFe®. In the process, lean-thinking tools, roles and processes from SAFe® and the necessary software engineering practices for applying Scrum and XP in large projects will be covered.
The seminar is ideal for teams in an organization that is currently introducing SAFe® ("Train Teams & Launch ART" phase in the SAFe® Implementation Roadmap) — but also presents a lot of interesting content on the topic of Scaling Agility, regardless of the SAFe® introduction: How do I work with Scrum, Kanban and XP if we have 5 parallel teams? Naming the necessary "Program Level" coordination for this is quickly understood, even if you have not (yet) decided to introduce SAFe®. Find out how useful a continuous delivery pipeline and the DevOps culture can be with effective integration with other teams and what is needed to continually improve the Agile Release Train (ART)
Frontal teaching, experiments and practical exercises alternate with each other — the objective is to simulate a program increment (PI) planning meeting as a kickoff before starting an “iteration" for an agile team of teams.
After completing the course and passing a corresponding exam, you will be awarded the certificate entitled "Certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP)".
- After training, participants will know the "Big Picture" behind SAFe®
- Have a compact understanding of how to coordinate several Agile teams
- A simulated PI planning meeting will bring application knowledge
- Document your acquired knowledge by earning the "SAFe® 5 Practitioner (SP)" certification with one exam and get 1 year of access to the SAFe Community Platform (included in the price)
Teams whose companies are currently introducing SAFe®. Alternatively, all Agile coaches, scrum masters, product owners and developers who are looking for tips on the most agile way to work with 5 parallel teams.
- The principles of lean thinking
- Agile methods in the context of large-scale projects
- SAFe® Big Picture
Structure of Agile Teams
- High performance Agile team
- Scrum Master and Product Owner roles
- Scaling these roles and responsibilities at product and release level
- Knowing your own role within the team and dependencies on other roles and teams
Building Team Backlogs
- Writing good user stories and other backlog entries
- Cutting and prioritizing the backlog, for example, using Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF)
- Writing good acceptance criteria
- Definition and development of acceptance tests
- Scaling the team backlog as part of the enterprise backlog model for product and portfolio backlogs
Team Iterations Execution
- Planning, backlog maintenance, progress visualization and demonstrations
- Continuous improvement
- Scaling of these ceremonies – connection to the level above (program level)
XP Software Engineering Practices
- Strategies to avoid "Sprint waterfalls"
- Agile architecture and evolutionary design
- Specification through examples and "test first" development (TDD, ATDD)
- Clean Code, refactoring and collective code ownership
- Pair work and peer reviews
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Outlook of Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Scaling these practices, e.g. supporting distributed development
Starting an Agile Release Train (ART)
- Preparing the first PI planning meeting at program level
Contact to our service center
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+41 (0) 584 595795
+43 (01) 33 2353160
+41 (0) 584 595454
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+49 (0) 711 90363245
Early booking pays off
Book your training at least 3 or 6 months before the start of the course and take advantage of the flexible pricing.
> 6 months
> 3 months
|In-house training courses on request||Inquiry|
- Guaranteed to take place
- The course will definitely take place if you make a booking
- There are no free places left on this course. If you still book it, we will place you on the waiting list.
- The course price is shown in the currency EUR. For orders from Switzerland, we convert the price into CHF and take into account the appropriate VAT rate. We are also happy to assist you with your order by telephone: CH +41 58 459 57 95 or DE +49 711 903 632 45.