Reporting with Eclipse BIRT
Eclipse BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) is a modular and expandable reporting tool. Using easy-to-operate Eclipse plugins based on WYSIWYG, it is possible to create reports. This is displayed by a Viewer Engine, which generates output in HTML, Excel, PowerPoint, PostScript and PDF format and can be integrated into your own applications. Using practical examples in report development, the seminar systematically introduces BIRT and showcases the possibilities of this technology. Not only will the basics be covered, but also aspects such as scripting, reutilization and integration.
- After the seminar, you will be able to develop complex reports and integrate them into your applications
- Save long editing times that occur due to missing documentation and literature
Report developers who need a comprehensive introduction to the creation and programming of reports with BIRT. Technical decision-makers who want to get to know the potential of Eclipse BIRT.
- An overview of BIRT architecture
- Introduction to BIRT Reports and the development environment
- Connection of data sources
- Draft report layout
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating and formatting charts with the Chart Builder
- Filtering and grouping records
- Dynamic texts
- Overview of the predefined report functions
- Inserting hyperlinks to other reports
- Formatting data fields
- Introduction to the parameter concept
- Use of parameters
- Use and implementation of parallel and sub-reports
- Maintenance and implementation of multilingual reports
- Creating tables of contents
- Formatting reports with styles
- Reuse of layouts and report elements by maintaining report libraries
- The BIRT event model
- Java classes as event handlers
- Extracting values from the runtime environment
- Manipulating report elements on runtime
- Hiding items using conditions
- Development and integration of own functions
- Embedding the runtime engine
- BIRT Viewer integration with web applications
- Controlling the report display via the Report Engine API
Knowledge of Eclipse, Java and basic SQL knowledge is required.
Our Quality Promise
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.