Implementing an Azure Data Solution
In this training you will implement various data platform technologies into solutions that are in line with business and technical requirements including on-premises, cloud, and hybrid data scenarios incorporating both relational and No-SQL data. You will also learn how to process data using a range of technologies and languages for both streaming and batch data.
You will also explore how to implement data security including authentication, authorization, data policies and standards. You will also define and implement data solution monitoring for both the data storage and data processing activities. Finally, you will manage and troubleshoot Azure data solutions which includes the optimization and disaster recovery of big data, batch processing and streaming data solutions.
- The primary audience for this training is data professionals, data architects, and business intelligence professionals who want to learn about the data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure.
- The secondary audience for this training is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from the data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure.
Module 1: Azure for the Data Engineer
This module explores how the world of data has evolved and how cloud data platform technologies are providing new opportunities for business to explore their data in different ways. The student will gain an overview of the various data platform technologies that are available, and how a Data Engineers role and responsibilities has evolved to work in this new world to an organization benefit
- Explain the evolving world of data
- Survey the services in the Azure Data Platform
- Identify the tasks that are performed by a Data Engineer
- Describe the use cases for the cloud in a Case Study
Module 2: Working with Data Storage
This module teaches the variety of ways to store data in Azure. You will learn the basics of storage management in Azure, how to create a Storage Account, and how to choose the right model for the data you want to store in the cloud. You will also understand how data lake storage can be created to support a wide variety of big data analytics solutions with minimal effort.
- Choose a data storage approach in Azure
- Create an Azure Storage Account
- Explain Azure Data Lake storage
- Upload data into Azure Data Lake
Module 3: Enabling Team Based Data Science with Azure Databricks
This module introduces you to Azure Databricks and how a Data Engineer works with it to enable an organization to perform Team Data Science projects. You will learn the fundamentals of Azure Databricks and Apache Spark notebooks; how to provision the service and workspaces and learn how to perform data preparation task that can contribute to the data science project.
- Explain Azure Databricks
- Work with Azure Databricks
- Read data with Azure Databricks
- Perform transformations with Azure Databricks
Module 4: Building Globally Distributed Databases with Cosmos DB
In this module, you will learn how to work with NoSQL data using Azure Cosmos DB. You will learn how to provision the service, and how you can load and interrogate data in the service using Visual Studio Code extensions, and the Azure Cosmos DB .NET Core SDK. You will also learn how to configure the availability options so that users are able to access the data from anywhere in the world.
- Create an Azure Cosmos DB database built to scale
- Insert and query data in your Azure Cosmos DB database
- Build a .NET Core app for Cosmos DB in Visual Studio Code
- Distribute your data globally with Azure Cosmos DB
Module 5: Working with Relational Data Stores in the Cloud
In this module, you will explore the Azure relational data platform options including SQL Database and SQL Data Warehouse. You will be able explain why you would choose one service over another, and how to provision, connect and manage each of the services.
- Use Azure SQL Database
- Describe Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Creating and Querying an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Use PolyBase to Load Data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Module 6: Performing Real-Time Analytics with Stream Analytics
In this module, you will learn the concepts of event processing and streaming data and how this applies to Events Hubs and Azure Stream Analytics. You will then set up a stream analytics job to stream data and learn how to query the incoming data to perform analysis of the data. Finally, you will learn how to manage and monitor running jobs.
- Explain data streams and event processing
- Data Ingestion with Event Hubs
- Processing Data with Stream Analytics Jobs
Module 7: Orchestrating Data Movement with Azure Data Factory
In this module, you will learn how Azure Data factory can be used to orchestrate the data movement and transformation from a wide range of data platform technologies. You will be able to explain the capabilities of the technology and be able to set up an end to end data pipeline that ingests and transforms data.
- Explain how Azure Data Factory works
- Azure Data Factory Components
- Azure Data Factory and Databricks
Module 8: Securing Azure Data Platforms
In this module, you will learn how Azure provides a multi-layered security model to protect your data. You will explore how security can range from setting up secure networks and access keys, to defining permission through to monitoring across a range of data stores.
- An introduction to security
- Key security components
- Securing Storage Accounts and Data Lake Storage
- Securing Data Stores
- Securing Streaming Data
Module 9: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Data Storage and Processing
In this module, you will get an overview of the range of monitoring capabilities that are available to provide operational support should there be issue with a data platform architecture. You will explore the common data storage and data processing issues. Finally, disaster recovery options are revealed to ensure business continuity.
- Explain the monitoring capabilities that are available
- Troubleshoot common data storage issues
- Troubleshoot common data processing issues
- Manage disaster recovery
In addition to your professional experience, you who take this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses:
- Azure fundamentals
Recommended Courses & Workshops
Our Quality Promise
Contact to our service center
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+41 (0) 584 595795
+43 (01) 33 2353160
+41 (0) 584 595454
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+49 (0) 711 90363245
Early booking pays off
Book your training at least 3 or 6 months before the start of the course and take advantage of the flexible pricing.
|> 6 months||> 3 months||0–3 months|
|1 370,00 EUR|
|1 540,00 EUR|
|1 710,00 EUR |
21.06. - 23.06.2021
|DE||1 710,00 €|
01.09. - 03.09.2021
|DE||1 540,00 €|
|Hybrid Training / München / DE||
06.10. - 08.10.2021
|DE||1 540,00 €|
|Bern / CH||
24.11. - 26.11.2021
|In-house training courses on request!||inquiry|
- Guaranteed to take place
- The course will definitely take place if you make a booking
- There are no free places left on this course. If you still book it, we will place you on the waiting list.
This course is held in another country. Due to the different tax conditions, you will have to book it in a separate booking process. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.