A solution for version source code management (SCM) is indispensable for sustainable software development. In large open source projects with distributed development such as Linux or Eclipse, it can be seen that a distributed version control system (DVCS) has been in use for some time under real conditions. This makes Git one of the widely used representatives of this genre.
In the course of the training, the participant will receive systematic and concise information about the philosophy of decentralized software development as well as the development cycle with this modern version management tool. The knowledge acquired will be expanded with practical exercises. The differences between Git and a centralized version management system such as Subversion (SVN) will be shown, as well as the advantages and opportunities in everyday working life.
- Secure the success of your software projects through the use of the distributed SCM system Git
- This training will convey the necessary basics in a concise format based on many exercises and examples
Developers who want a concise introduction to the world of distributed version management with Git.
- Creation of Git in the context of Linux Kernel development
- Basic terms: Repository, commit, tag, branch and merge
- Meaning of release management
- Differences, advantages and limitations of distributed version management systems compared to a centralized approach using Subversion as an example
- Creating a repository (Init)
- The role of the Git index when preparing revisions (Add)
- Carrying over projects and files into the Git repository (Commit)
- Examining change history (Log)
- Creating development branches (Branches) and their reintegration (Merge)
- Resolving conflicts
- Creating versions (Tags)
Communication between repositories
- Cloning an existing repository (Clone)
- Applying changes (Fetch and Pull)
- Moving changes to a repository (Push)
- Implementing a central repository (Bare Repository)
Advanced Git features
- Avoiding mergers through reorganization (Rebase)
- Transferring changes (Cherry Pick)
- Setting aside changes (Stash)
- Correcting faulty commits (Amend Commit)
- Saving lost commits (Reflog)
- Tracking changes (Diff)
- Undoing changes (Revert)
- Resetting the work area and development branches (Reset)
- Recurring schemas of various Git commands (Refspecs, Version ranges, etc.)
Workflows and tooling
- Work processes and strategies when working with Git
- Overview of common graphics clients (Git GUI, Atlassian SourceTree, Eclipse EGit)
- Git and SVN (Subversion)
- Best practices
Basic computer skills. Experience with other version management tools such as version management with SVN or CVS is an advantage but not a requirement.
Our Quality Promise
Contact to our service center
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+41 (0) 584 595795
+43 (0) 133 2353160
+41 (0) 584 595454
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+49 (0) 711 90363245
|Mannheim / DE||28.11.2019||DE||710,00 €|
|In-house training courses on request!||inquiry|
- Guaranteed to take place
- The course will definitely take place if you make a booking
- There are no free places left on this course. If you still book it, we will place you on the waiting list.
This course is held in another country. Due to the different tax conditions, you will have to book it in a separate booking process. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.