Fundamentals of Requirements Engineering incl. exam preparation for IREB Foundation Level
By participating on our training course, you will achieve the following goals:
- Pass the certification exam as Certified Professional Requirements Engineering – Foundation Level (CPRE-FL)
- Acquire an understanding of basic attributes and the interaction of methodological approaches, e.g. request engineering techniques, descriptive tools, or forms of documentation and reconciliation of requirements
- Knowledge of the most common notations for requirements
This training course is suitable for everyone who communicates about IT procedures with both specialists and IT representatives. This applies to requirements engineers, business analysts, project managers, quality managers, test managers, application or product managers, IT architects, and experienced developers.
This course is based on the Foundation Level curriculum for certification as a "Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE-FL)", and teaches you the techniques of requirements engineering.
- Motivation and Terms
- System and Context Boundaries
- Requirements Engineering Techniques
- Documenting Requirements
- Documenting Requirements in Natural Language
- Document Requirements Based on Models (e.g. Class Models, Activity Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams)
- Reviewing Requirements
- Dealing with Conflicts
- Managing Requirements
- Tool Support
- Preparing for the Exam
The training course comprises up to 60% theory and up to 40% practise-oriented application.
Based on the curriculum and publications from IREB.org, our experienced instructors have developed a mix of theory, case-based exercises, and discussion sessions. This mix supports the probability of passing the certification exam, as well keeping stimulating exchanges among practitioners at a high level.
You will receive the course book about two weeks before the course begins. This is entitled “Requirements Engineering Fundamentals: A Study Guide for the Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Exam - Foundation Level - IREB compliant”, and is published by dpunkt.verlag.
As the training course is offered in both German and English, the book and exercise materials are available in the respective course language.
DURATION AND VARIANTS
Our standard course lasts 3 days including the final exam.
We will be glad to offer a course for your organization which ideally will be adapted in terms of content and time to accommodate your needs. Proven variants:
- A 3 to 4-day course that addresses an enterprise’s processes and conventions
- Several half-day course elements spread over 4 to 8 weeks
Germany: EUR 1.490,00 plus sales tax, plus EUR 250.00 exam fee
Switzerland: CHF 2.400,00 plus sales tax, plus CHF 370.00 exam fee
If you want to learn more about the course content and certification, please visit the IREB website.
A general understanding of software and system development is required. Theoretical basic knowledge of requirements engineering is not necessary.
The following requirements are the key to your personal success:
- You want to know how to determine the requirements for your IT projects so that the IT systems can actually satisfy the needs of the stakeholders.
- You want to formulate the requirements tangibly in natural language, or present them razor-sharp in conceptual models, so that their stakeholders can comprehend even the most complex issues.
- You want to pinpoint and remedy conflicts at an early stage, and assess the requirements and specifications so that costs and risks are minimized.
Our Quality Promise
Contact to our service center
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+41 (0) 584 595795
+43 (01) 33 2353160
+41 (0) 584 595454
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+49 (0) 711 90363245
Early booking pays off
Book your training at least 3 or 6 months before the start of the course and take advantage of the flexible pricing.
|> 6 months||> 3 months||0–3 months|
|1 200,00 EUR|
|1 350,00 EUR|
|1 500,00 EUR |
|E-Learning||On-Demand||DE||1 190,00 €|
13.07. - 15.07.2020
|EN||1 500,00 €|
|Frankfurt / DE||
24.08. - 26.08.2020
|DE||1 500,00 €|
|Mannheim / DE||
09.09. - 11.09.2020
|DE||1 350,00 €|
|Basel / CH||
12.10. - 14.10.2020
|Wien / AT||
23.11. - 25.11.2020
|DE||1 350,00 €|
|Hamburg / DE||
07.12. - 09.12.2020
|DE||1 200,00 €|
|In-house training courses on request!||inquiry|
- Guaranteed to take place
- The course will definitely take place if you make a booking
- There are no free places left on this course. If you still book it, we will place you on the waiting list.
This course is held in another country. Due to the different tax conditions, you will have to book it in a separate booking process. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.