Creating user stories effectively
The primary purpose of the user story process—the writing, discussion and planning of user stories—is to act as a driver and control element within an Agile development process. A user story
- is a brief sentence that describes a sub-functionality with the user in mind
- is the working machine of Agile software development
- is the container for the transport of functions for the user/customer
- allows “large” projects/requirements to be split into small iterations
- is a basis for acceptance testing and further details
and is used in many Agile development methods such as eXtreme Programming, Scrum and Kanban.
The procedure is “lightweight,” enables complex requirements to be separated into concrete application scenarios and allows the focus to be set on essential or directly valuable system functionality. In addition, the user story spans a communicative bridge between the technical and professional project participants.
In this one-day workshop, you will be introduced to “Working with user stories” and you will learn the value of user stories as a work management technique.
- Learn the basics as well as the advantages and disadvantages of working with user stories
- Learn to write, evaluate and share user stories
- Gain a great deal of practical knowledge in a very concise training course
People interested in Agile practices who want to gain a practical insight into working with user stories.
- What is a user story?
- Bridge between developer and customer
- Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- How do I write a user story?
- Working with the user story template
- What are the 3 Cs (card, conversation & confirmation)?
- How I write acceptance criteria
- User stories are NOT requirements
INVEST criteria makes a good user story
- What are epics and themes?
- How do I deal with tasks?
- 10 patterns for grouping user stories
- “Last chance” with Spikes
- User story workshop simulation with index cards
Project experience in Agile software development projects, ideally some experience with eXtreme Programming (XP) or Scrum.
Our Quality Promise
Contact to our service center
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+41 (0) 584 595795
+43 (01) 33 2353160
+41 (0) 584 595454
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+49 (0) 711 90363245
Early booking pays off
Book your training at least 3 or 6 months before the start of the course and take advantage of the flexible pricing.
|> 6 months||> 3 months||0–3 months|
|670,00 EUR||750,00 EUR||830,00 EUR|
|Virtual Classroom||03.02.2021||DE||830,00 €|
|Virtual Classroom||05.05.2021||DE||750,00 €|
|Mannheim / DE||14.07.2021||DE||750,00 €|
|Virtual Classroom||14.07.2021||DE||750,00 €|
|Mannheim / DE||27.10.2021||DE||670,00 €|
|Virtual Classroom||27.10.2021||DE||670,00 €|
|In-house training courses on request!||inquiry|
- Guaranteed to take place
- The course will definitely take place if you make a booking
- There are no free places left on this course. If you still book it, we will place you on the waiting list.
This course is held in another country. Due to the different tax conditions, you will have to book it in a separate booking process. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.