The distributed version control system (DVCS) with Git has become a de facto standard in a short time. In this context, not only are good clients an important factor for success, but also the tooling on the server. Atlassian Bitbucket Server (formerly known as Stash) is a repository hosting software, which features support for pull requests and code reviews in addition to the pure management of code repositories. Thanks to a special plug-in mechanism, Atlassian Bitbucket Server can be expanded as necessary and integrated with other systems, whereby impressive synergy effects can be created especially in conjunction with other Atlassian products such as Jira and Bamboo.
As part of the seminar, version management with Git as well as its basic step by step operation will be taught using various exercises. In addition, the seminar will provide a complete overview of the options offered by Atlassian Bitbucket Server as a Git hosting solution for your own projects and repositories.
- Secure the success of your software projects through the use of the distributed SCM system Git
- The training teaches the necessary basic skills using many exercises and examples
- Get to know Atlassian Bitbucket Server systematically in order to integrate this tool into your development process as a valuable add-on
Developers who want to know the strengths of distributed version management with Git in conjunction with Atlassian Bitbucket Server.
- Creation and significance of Git
- Why Atlassian Bitbucket Server?
- Advantages of Atlassian Bitbucket Server and Git in the enterprise environment
Version management with Git
- Basic terms: Repository, commit, tag, branch and merge
- Meaning of release management
- Comparison with a centralized approach using the example Subversion
- Creating a repository (Init)
- Basic version management workflow (Add, Commit)
- Examining change history (Log)
- Creating development branches (Branches, Merge) and versions (Tags)
- Resolving conflicts
- Communication between repositories (Clone, Fetch, Pull, Push)
- Implementing a central repository (Bare Repository)
- Advanced Git features (Rebase, Cherry Pick, Stash, Reflog, Diff)
- Modifying/undoing changes (Amend Commit, Revert)
- Resetting the work area and branches (Reset)
- Recurring schemas of various Git commands (Refspecs, Version ranges, etc.)
Concepts and tooling
- Git and CVS/subversion
- Overview of common graphics clients (Git GUI, Atlassian SourceTree, Eclipse EGit, TortoiseGit)
- Best practices (topic branches, separation of concerns, etc.)
Atlassian Bitbucket Server for enterprise repository hosting
- Project management with Atlassian Bitbucket Server
- Project and repository in the context of Atlassian Bitbucket Server
- Configuration of users, groups and permissions
- Server access via http/https/SSH and configuration of SSH keys
- Server-side management of development branches
- Defining and configuring a branch model
Using Atlassian Bitbucket Server in the team
- Pull requests and their management (keyword gatekeeper)
- Integrating code reviews into the workflow
- Setting up permissions for development branches
- Branch vs. fork
- Pull requests in the context of forks
Bitbucket Server in the toolstack
- Bitbucket Server and Jira
- Bitbucket Server and Bamboo
- Expansion options using plug-ins
Basic computer skills. Experience with other tools in version management (e.g. SVN or CVS) or other Atlassian tools (e.g. Jira or Bamboo) is an advantage but not a requirement.
Contact to our service center
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+41 (0) 584 595795
+43 (01) 33 2353160
+41 (0) 584 595454
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+49 (0) 711 90363245
Early booking pays off
Book your training at least 3 or 6 months before the start of the course and take advantage of the flexible pricing.
> 6 months
> 3 months
|In-house training courses on request||Inquiry|
- Guaranteed to take place
- The course will definitely take place if you make a booking
- There are no free places left on this course. If you still book it, we will place you on the waiting list.
- The course price is shown in the currency EUR. For orders from Switzerland, we convert the price into CHF and take into account the appropriate VAT rate. We are also happy to assist you with your order by telephone: CH +41 58 459 57 95 or DE +49 711 903 632 45.