Azure Solutions Architect-Design
This course teaches Solutions Architects how to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable designs recommendations. Lessons include monitoring, automation, data storage, and infrastructure. This course outlines how decisions in each these areas influences an overall design solution.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recommend solutions to minimize costs
- Recommend a solution for Conditional Access, including multi-factor authentication
- Recommend a solution for a hybrid identity including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD Connect
- Recommend a solution for using Azure Policy
- Recommend a solution that includes KeyVault
- Recommend a solution that includes Azure AD Managed Identities
- Recommend a storage access solution
- Design an Azure Site Recovery solution
- Recommend a solution for autoscaling
- Recommend a solution for containers
- Recommend a solution for network security
- Recommend a solution for migrating applications and VMs
- Recommend a solution for migration of databases
This course is for IT Professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure. They should have broad knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. Azure Solution Architects use the Azure Portal and as they become more adept they use the Command Line Interface. Candidates must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
Module 1: Design a Compute SolutionIn this module, you will learn about the appropriate compute technologies, including virtual machines, App Services, Service Fabric, Azure Functions, Windows Virtual Desktop, and containers.
- Recommend a Solution for Compute Provisioning
- Determine Appropriate Compute Technologies
- Recommend a Solution for Containers
- Recommend a Solution for Automating Compute Management
Module 2: Design a Network SolutionIn this module, you will learn about solutions for network addressing and name resolution, network provisioning, and network security.
- Recommend a Solution for Network Addressing and Name Resolution
- Recommend a Solution for Network Provisioning
- Recommend a Solution for Network Security
- Recommend a Solution for iInternete Connectivity and On-Premises Networks
- Recommend a Solution for Automating Network Management
- Recommend a Solution for Load Balancing and Rraffic Routing
Module 3: Design for MigrationIn this module, you will learn about recommend a solution for migrating applications and VMs and a solution for migration of databases.
- Assess and On-Premises Servers and Applications for Migration
- Recommend a Solution for Migrating Applications and VMs
- Recommend a Solution for Migration of Databases
Module 4: Design Authentication and AuthorizationIn this module, you will learn how to provide Identities to services and understand the hierarchy of Management Groups and Subscriptions.
- Tips for Identity and Access Management
- Recommend a Solution for Multi-Factor Authentication
- Five Steps for Securing Identity Infrastructure
- Recommend a Solution for Single-Sign On (SSO)
- Recommend a Solution for a Hybrid Identity
- Recommend a Solution for B2B Integration
- Recommend a Hierarchical Structure for Management Groups
Module 5: Design GovernanceIn this module, you will learn apply an Azure Policy, Identify non-compliant resources, and manage tag governance with Azure Policy.
- Recommend a Solution for using Azure Policy
- Recommend a Solution for using Azure Blueprint
Module 6: Design a Solution for DatabasesIn this module, you will be able to recommend the appropriate data store and recommend Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance Service tiers.
- Select an Appropriate Data Platform Based on Requirements
- Overview of Azure Data Storage
- Recommend Database Service Tier Sizing
- Dynamically Scale Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instances
- Recommend a Solution for Encrypting Data at Rest, Transmission, and In Use
Module 7: Select an Appropriate Storage AccountIn this module, you will learn about recommend a design a strategy for using tiered storage and manage tiered Storage using Azure tools.
- Understanding Storage Tiers
- Recommend a Storage Access Solution
- Recommend Storage Management Tools
Module 8: Design Data IntegrationIn this module, you will learn about data flows using Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics architecture.
- Recommend a Data Flow
- Recommend a Solution for Data Integration
Module 9: Design a Solution for Logging and MonitoringIn this module, you will learn about Azure Monitor, Azure Application Insights, and Azure Sentinel. You will be able to monitor Azure Resources with Azure Monitor and collect and analyze resource Logs for Azure.using Azure tools.
- Azure Monitoring Services
- Azure Monitor
Module 10: Design a Solution for Backup and RecoveryIn this module, you will learn about solutions for site recovery capacity and site failover and failback. You will be able to recommend solutions for recovery in different regions.
- Recommend a Recovery Solution for Hybrid and On-Premises Workloads
- Design and Azure Site Recovery Solution
- Recommend a Solution for Recovery in Different Regions
- Recommend a Solution for Azure Backup Management
- Design a Solution for Data Archiving and Retention
Module 11: Design for High AvailabilityIn this module, you will learn about solutions for application and workload redundancy, including compute, database, and storage.
- Recommend a Solution for Application and Workload Redundancy
- Recommend a Solution for Autoscaling
- Identify Resources that Require High Availability
- Identify Storage Tpes for High Availability
- Recommend a Solution for Geo-Redundancy of Workloads
Module 12: Design for Cost OptimizationIn this module, you will learn how to optimize costs from recommendations, breakdown costs by Azure Service, and download and review usage details. 01-View
- Recommend Solutions for Cost Management
- Recommended Viewpoints for Minimizing Costs
Module 13: Design an Application ArchitectureIn this module, you will learn about solution for deployment of applications including ARM templates, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions. You will also learn about microservices architecture including Event Grid, Event Hubs, Service Bus, Storage Queues, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, and webhooks.
- Recommend a Microservices Architecture
- Recommend an Orchestration Solution for Deployment of Applications
- Recommend a Solution for API Integration
Module 14: Design Security for ApplicationsIn this module, you will learn about solution for deployment of applications including ARM templates, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions. You will also learn about microservices architecture including Event Grid, Event Hubs, Service Bus, Storage Queues, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, and webhooks.
- Security for Applications and Services
- Recommend a Solution using Key Vault
- Recommend Solutions using Azure AD Managed Identities
Here you can register for the exam.
We recommend participation in the training M-AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect .
Recommended Courses & Workshops
Our Quality Promise
Contact to our service center
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+41 (0) 584 595795
+43 (01) 33 2353160
+41 (0) 584 595454
+49 (0) 711 90363245
+49 (0) 711 90363245
Early booking pays off
Book your training at least 3 or 6 months before the start of the course and take advantage of the flexible pricing.
|> 6 months||> 3 months||0–3 months|
|1 830,00 EUR|
|2 060,00 EUR|
|2 280,00 EUR |
19.04. - 22.04.2021
|DE||2 280,00 €|
14.06. - 17.06.2021
|DE||2 060,00 €|
|Hybrid Training / Zürich / CH||
14.09. - 17.09.2021
|Frankfurt / DE||
25.10. - 28.10.2021
|DE||1 830,00 €|
|Hamburg / DE||
06.12. - 09.12.2021
|DE||1 830,00 €|
|In-house training courses on request!||inquiry|
- Guaranteed to take place
- The course will definitely take place if you make a booking
- There are no free places left on this course. If you still book it, we will place you on the waiting list.
This course is held in another country. Due to the different tax conditions, you will have to book it in a separate booking process. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.