Architecture Katas for training Agile teams
In their working life, architects typically only get a handful of opportunities to design a complete software architecture. Therefore, they only have a few attempts at becoming a good architect. Architectural dry runs can help to gain experience and to exchange experiences with like-minded people without having any major consequences.
This workshop is aimed primarily at prospective architects, but also developers who have little prior knowledge in designing software architectures. Several consecutive exercises are performed based on an “Architectural Kata.” The goal is the practical introduction to the design of a software architecture based on a given problem. Participants will be equipped with the necessary tools for designing an architecture in small groups. In order to make sensible suggestions for possible solutions, it is important to ask the stakeholders the right questions and to draw the necessary conclusions from this.
The exercises will conclude with feedback rounds, where the designs by the different groups will be presented and assessed. The compromises and decisions must be communicated for everyone in a comprehensible form. From the feedback, you will learn how to structure and design your documentation and diagrams more effectively. Practical tips for the procedure and the documentation of a software architecture design, which can be implemented in the following round, will also be provided between the individual rounds.
- Experimenting with fictitious but realistic examples
- Developing the basics of software architectural design
- Communication and documentation of a design
- Adherence to design decisions
- Exchanging experiences with like-minded people
Software developers who want a quick insight into the world of architectural design and software architects who want to develop their skills using fictitious examples.
- Brief overview of software architecture
- Tasks of a software architect
- Explanation of the Kata sequence
- First round
- Evaluation of first round
- Retrospective and feedback session
- Analysis of boundary conditions and required quality criteria
- Visualization using diagrams
- Adhering to design decisions
Implementation of further rounds
- Improvement through repetition
- Creating an architectural vision
Basic knowledge of software architecture and several years of experience in software development, if possible of larger systems.
Our Quality Promise
Request an inhouse training
Guarantee of quality
Following completion by the participants, every single training course is assessed at the levels
- suitability of the training room,
- suitability of the workplace,
- functionality of the technical equipment, and
- satisfaction throughout the entire course / seminar,
and recorded in our "TRIVALUATION" feedback system for quality assurance purposes. This enables us to consistently ensure the high quality and satisfaction of our valued customers. We really appreciate the overall rating of 9.3 from 10 points awarded by our many enthusiastic customers.
Trivadis guarantees the success of your training. Having completed the course / seminar, do you have any questions about the practical aspects? Would you like to repeat any of the exercises in the lab environment?
Our success guarantee allows you to repeat individual days, or even the entire training course, free of charge for up to 6 months after attending a training course. You bring with you the course materials from the previous training course.